Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trying Out Cloth-Diapering!

I'm excited! I finally ordered and got my first cloth diapers yesterday. I'm trying out the newest cloth diaper line called Smartipants. I only got one 3-pack (girl colors) for those diapers, to try it out. I have heard a lot of great reviews about it and want to try it out myself. So far, I am liking it. No leaks yet, but we'll find out for the overnight wettings. One thing I am liking about this kind of CD (cloth diapers) is that you don't need to pull out the inserts from the diapers, just stick it in the washer and it automatically comes out. I haven't had a chance yet to wash the diapers after usage, but I did wash the diapers before using it, though.

smartipants1 smartipants2
Here are 2 of the 3 diapers I got (lavender, yellow and pink--My baby girl is wearing the pink currently).
It is a one-size fits all. The image on the right shows the insert that goes into the diapers.

I'm also wanting to try out another brand of CD. I ordered a sampler pack for the One-Size BumGenius diapers, and their AIO (All-in-One) of the same brand. I'm waiting to receive this diapers yet, probably by Wednesday. This is the other brand that I have been looking into and wanting to get when I start my cloth-diapering adventure. They also have the best reviews of cloth diapers out there. I am trying this out too before I order more diapers. Cloth diapers are initially very costly, so I will need to build up my stash very slowly. But in the long run, that is where you can save on diapers (disposables).

However, I am still going to keep disposable diapers. This is because 1) I still don't have enough cloth ones, 2) for the convenience, 3) when I can't get the laundry caught up, and 4) when we go out of the house or long trips.

smartipants-model1 smartipants-model2
My youngest girl modelling the
Smartipants diaper for us :) She is currently wearing the pink colored diaper. I think it fits her pretty well too.

I ordered my diapers here: Click here to visit Kelly's Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment