Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rainy Dad & Son Day

It's been raining all morning, kinda nice actually (except for all the ice on the roads, streets and on everything!) In fact we have a Winter Weather Alert for our area. We're expecting some freezing rain, sleet and snow for the days' forecast. It says some parts of the country will have about 6-12 inches of snow. Well, so far I do not see any snow where I live... I don't know about later in the afternoon though. At least the temperatures are high enough for the water not to freeze that much. It is 33 deg right now.

Today, my dear hubby took our little boy for a "Dad & Son" day. They left about an hour and a half ago... I am not sure as to where he is taking him, but I'm sure it will be a special day for both of them. Dear hub says that they plan to be back by noon and in the afternoon, he plans to take me out. I again don't know where or anything what he plans for later on. I'm kinda growing anxious and excited at the same time.

Hubby just called and said that they just got down to Milwaukee. I guess that's where they were going,
he didn't say where in Milwaukee though. He says that the traffic was really slow because of the bad icy roads. When he first told me to set this day for their "date", he said that he was planning to take Jordan to the Milwaukee Museum, but was planning on changing that plan. But I'll find out as soon as they get home. He says that he and the Jordan are already having fun. He says, they'll be home around 3pm because of the bad roads, but says it should mess his plan yet for tonight.

I'm glad they can have that time together... just him and the our boy. He plans to have a Dad & Son day once a month, if possible. I thought that would be a very great idea and a special thing for them both.

Anyway, I need to get going and take advantage of this day that I can get a lot done not having a little boy to attend to :-p My little girl is taking her morning nap now. I need to tackle the kitchen, laundry, maybe scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors... and Jebby asked me to bake him a pineapple pie. So, that is on my list for today... got to get going!

* * * *
3:50 pm

The weather here has turned to be pretty nasty now. It started snowing about 12:15pm... and it is still snowing, and foggy... and windy. Jeb and Jordan are on their way home. I just talked to Jeb a little bit ago and said they should be home within the next 40-45 minutes, if everything goes well (traffic, roads, etc.) I hope and pray they get home safe. I can just imagine how nasty the roads can be. Snow/slush over ice/slush... yeah, bad.

I had quite a productive day today. Got a few loads of laundry done (still folding the last load), tidied up the kitchen, picked up all around the house, vacuumed, baked my pie... Yes, it's been a good fulfilling day. I love the feeling when you see that you accomplished something, even as small as tidying up the house. And Aubrey has been such a good girl for me.

Looks like hubby just got home... laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment