Monday, June 16, 2008

A Happy Father's Day indeed

" He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland"

Father's Day has just passed. My husband, the kids and I had a great time with his parents at Bay Beach. We had a picnic there and walked through the Wildnerness Nature preserve. The kids rode on a lot of rides and my 2-year old son even got to ride a pony. Oh, was he ecstatic! He always wanted to ride a horse. He would ride his toy horses, even the itty-bitty ones -- and now he got to ride a REAL horse (well, a pony... but to him it is the real thing). I think that pony ride and riding the airplane MADE his day. Making our kids day (esp our son's day), made my husband's day. To him this is Father's Day.

Father's Day for my husband is all about having fun this day being a DAD. Our lives, especially dad's are so busy taking care of and providing for the family's day-to-day needs that seldom can he take the time to really enjoy and be a dad to his kids. Personally, we had been so busy with work, especially my husband, working a full-time job and running his own business--leaves very little time to play and have one-on-one time with our little ones. He decided to make his day for his kids. He planned out that we go out to Bay Beach which is mostly for kids and family.

There is a book that Jeb just ordered, which was recommended to him, in how to raise your son to be the man that he is. I was curious about the book so, I tied to get a glimpse of it over the internet and I thought it would be a really good book to read. The book is titled: "Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul" by John Eldredge. Just the few pages that I have read from the excerpts made me say, "this would be a really good book for my husband and all the father's and men out there to read--even for me to really get to know my man... and my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment