Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too much rain makes lake disappear?

It has been raining so much these past week with thunderstorms and all that my garden got a good 1-2 inches or more of water, and my pond was full to the top. The water has receded now and all is good again. But this is nothing compared to some other areas here in Wisconsin. I heard from my dad-in-law that Wisconsin Dells' Lake Delton is gone. Because of the storms, the water level rose so high the lake 'made' a new path and drained itself into the Wisconsin river. Crazy. The lake is gone, maybe only 10% of the water is left. Here is a link to a news article about the flooding and lake.

It is sad. Wisconsin Dells is a big summer and tourist spot for vacationists, as well as the site for our annual Feast of Tabernacles. So much for the Duck tour rides, water shows (like the Tommy Bartlette shows), etc. Click here to see pictures of the floodings and effects of the storm here in some parts of Wisconsin. The lake in Wisconsin Dells, is a man-made lake by the way (I never knew it... looks too real to me!), so maybe they can repair it and fill it back up again. For how long? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment